- Time: 11 a.m
- Date: Wednesday, 5/21
- Place: 2223 Fulton st., basement room (where the first press conference was held)
- Purpose: to discuss and develop strategies for short-term fundraising (Goal: $500K)
In addition to holding press conferences, organizing the rally, working with community organizations, contacting and attempting to meet with state and local legislators as well as Berkeley administrators, writing op-eds, conducting our petition drive, and composing awareness letters, we now confront the formidable task of raising upwards of $500,000 in donations, yet few of us have professional experience in the area of fundraising. Moreover, our core committee, especially as folks return to their respective homes or abroad for the summer, is rapidly dwindling in number. For those of us who have worked round-the-clock for the past few weeks and now face the daunting prospect of fundraising, we need your support, commitment, and action, more than ever.
What we aim collectively to accomplish, at least provisionally, this wednesday is the following (please feel free to add to or suggest revisions of this agenda):
- to establish some basic talking points for fundraising conversations,
- to compile potential donor lists,
- to develop strategies aimed at corporate philanthropy.
Let's meet this Wednesday and begin a collective discussion about how we might work together toward meeting the ealc budget shortfall.